Covid-19 Safe Practices & Policies
Dear Valued Guest:
Welcome to Elk Cove Inn & Spa! We appreciate that you have chosen our bed and breakfast for your upcoming getaway.
Below you will find a list of practices that we are engaged in to best protect you, our guest, as well as our employees during this time of Covid-19.
We are also including a list of policies that we request of each of our guests to ensure the health and safety of all who frequent our inn.
Thank you for your understanding and participation as we work together to stay health and enjoy life during a particularly difficult time.
~ All of us at Elk Cove Inn & Spa
- Each of our employees have received training in extensive cleaning procedures, to include the frequent sanitizing of all common touch areas such as counters, doors, floors, lamps, light switches, tables, chairs, and couches, for example.
- You are welcome to enjoy our outdoor facilities. We practice frequent cleaning of railings, deck chairs, all common touch surfaces.
- Each of our employees wears a mask and, where needed, gloves.
- At all times, we practice social distancing, maintaining 6-feet apart from all others.
- During check in you will receive a sanitized room key, sanitized pen for signing in, and any special instructions to maximize your comfort and safety during your stay with us.
GUEST ROOM PRACTICES
- Each of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to guest arrival. All surfaces, furniture, linens and amenities are sanitized.
- Once your room is cleaned and prepared for you, no one enters the room prior to your arrival.
- Arriving at your room, you will find a set of masks, antibacterial hand sanitizer, disposable gloves and wipes.
- We do not provide cleaning during your stay. We welcome you to request any amenities and supplies that need to be replenished during your stay.
- Each room is equipped with a coffee maker, teas and drinking cups.
- We provide a delicious breakfast each morning as part of your stay.
- We have multiple seatings during the morning to ensure social distancing and a quality dining experience. You can sign up for your preferred time during check-in.
- Breakfast is served to our guests and is individually plated.
- Our breakfast staff uses masks and gloves when preparing and serving the morning meal.
- We request that guests wear a mask when in close quarters with other guests and our staff.
- If you are feeling unwell, we request that you notify us by phone so that we can reschedule your stay with us.
- If while you are at the inn, you become unwell, we request that you notify us and make arrangements to return home.
- We ask all guests to practice social distancing during check in, while enjoying our property, at breakfast and when interacting with other guests as well as our staff.
MENDOCINO COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS
As part of each reservation or booking (and prior to occupancy), each transient lodging operator is required to reach an agreement with guest(s) identifying each adult (with contact mobile phone number(s)) and signed by each adult, including the following provisions:
(1) An agreement to comply with the operative County Shelter-in-Place orders;
(2) An agreement to comply with any and all isolation/quarantine orders and contract tracing required by County public health authorities, in the event a guest is determined by a medical professional to require isolation or quarantine for COVID-19;
(3) An agreement to provide space for guests, without primary residence in Mendocino County, for isolation and/or quarantine purposes in the event a guest is determined by a medical professional to require isolation or quarantine for COVID-19.
(4) An agreement governing the allocation of costs (for housing, food and basic essential needs) in the event a guest, without primary residence in the County, is determined by a medical professional to require isolation or quarantine for COVID-19 during their stay;
(5) A disclaimer that it is the obligation of the guest(s) to fully comply with any such allocation of costs without recourse against the County of Mendocino.