Elk Cove Inn Policies
- Room rates are per room, per night, for two adults and an 11% County Tax and is added. Several rooms can accommodate more than 2 guests. There is a $30 per night charge for each extra guest. All rates include a daily, multi-course gourmet buffet breakfast, complimentary happy hour, and a welcome gift basket.
- Minimum Night Stays: Saturday nights sometimes require a 2-night minimum stay. Holidays sometimes require a 3-night minimum stay. There are occasionally exceptions depending on availability. Please call the Inn if you have a question about minimum stay requirements: 800.275.2967.
- Lodging costs must be guaranteed by credit card on the day reservations are made. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. We typically charge for the first night stay at the time of reservation.
- Cancellations require advance notice. When you make a reservation your room is held exclusively for you, and will not be sold to anyone else. Should you need to cancel, 14 days notice is required prior to your arrival, for a refund, less a nominal $50 fee. Should you cancel less than 14 days before your arrival, you will be responsible for the value of your reserved room nights to the extent they cannot be resold. Holidays require 30 days advance notice and group bookings require 90 days.
- Cancellation insurance: When you make a reservation your room is held exclusively for you, and will not be sold to anyone else. This reservation may not be cancelled and is non refundable. Cancellation insurance is highly recommended: https://tripinsurancestore.com
- Check-in time is 2:00 – 6:00 PM. Please notify us if you plan to arrive afer 7:00 pm as we will need to give you instructions for self-check-in. Arriving after 10:00 pm may disturb other guests. Please be respectful. Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
- Children: Please keep in mind that the inn is not a child-friendly environment, and we mention this for your comfort as well as the comfort of the other guests. Please notify us in advance if you plan to bring young children, so that we can discuss the etiquette and safety issues. Most of our guests are couples who are here because we maintain a tranquil and romantic environment, and there are few places on the property where children can be exuberant, and the parents are expected to maintain the quiet environment. Also, the property is located on an ocean bluff with uneven terrain and few railings or barricades, and there are no “play” areas, or even paths for walking with a stroller. There is an additional $30 per night for each child.
- We are a pet-friendly inn. You MUST notify us at time of reservation that you are bringing a pet. See pet policies here.
- Smoking is not allowed in rooms or on the decks, but is permitted in the gardens, well away from the rooms. A $500 cleaning fee is charged for smoking in a guest room.
“We stayed in the Drew Frank room, which was fabulous, great view and loaded with first class amenities. My favorite plus was the trail walk to the shore from my room, followed closely by the local “Great Day in Elk” festivities complete with a parade. The new owner and the staff were very friendly and helpful, eager to make our stay a success. The breakfast was extremely well done with varied and interesting selections. It was a great stay, which I wish could have been longer. I definitely intend to return.” – Newport Oregon, TripAdvisor